THE DEEP CREEK HOT SPRINGS CAMPGROUND IS SITUATED ON THE BOWEN RANCH PROPERTY, A 160 ACRE HOMESTEAD IN BEAUTIFUL APPLE VALLEY, CALIFORNIA,WHERE THE MOUNTAINS MEET THE DESERT. THIS HISTORIC PROPERTY WAS HOMESTEADED IN 1924 & CONTAINS THE ORIGINAL BOWEN RANCH PARKING & CAMPING AREA THAT HAS BEEN USED TO ACCESS THE DEEP CREEK CANYON FOR NEARLY A CENTURY, BUT WITH MORE AMENITIES! UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP WITH A NEW ENTRANCE GATE & A NEW ATTITUDE! WE WELCOME YOU TO COME VISIT!
GENERAL INFO 2022
- DAY PASS: $10 per PERSON, which includes parking & trail access 7AM-7PM.
- OVERNIGHT CAMPING: $15 per PERSON, which includes trail access until 7PM the next day.
- We accept CASH, Zelle, Venmo or CREDIT CARD.
- RESERVATIONS are NOT NEEDED! We have 160 acres & GUARANTEE you will have a campsite or parking space when you arrive!
- Our entrance gate is always open 24 hours a day, even on holidays, so visitors may arrive at any time.
- Immediately upon arrival, everyone must check-in & pay at the green tent by the entrance or at our after hours drop-box further in by the trailers.
- We have picnic tables, firepits(grills available), showers, toilets & potable water at the campground, but no electricity. The campground is completely OFF-THE -GRID. Generators are OK to run until 11pm.
- A 4x4 vehicle is NOT necessary to drive up here, unless it has snowed recently, making slick clay mud. RV's & 30'+trailers usually make it up here fine.
- Dogs are OK to bring along, but are NOT allowed in the hot spring pools per USFS rules. Many dogs struggle in summer heat.
- Equestrian sites, call for availability.
- FIREWOOD is available on-site for $10/bundle (unless there is a burn ban or high winds)
- Breakfast & Coffee served 8AM-11AM. Taco Truck on-site Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- 3 NEW ZIPLINE RIDES right here at the campground!!! $15/1 ZIPLINE Ride $20/2 Rides $60/8 Rides
- Although children are permitted to be on the property, we do not recommend bringing children due to the occasional nudity that may be seen in the area surrounding the hot springs and because of the difficulty of the hike.
- The hike to the hot springs is about 1.75 miles with a 900 ft drop in elevation and takes about 45 minutes to get down there but 75 minutes to hike back up to the campground.
- WARNING! EXTREME HEAT EXHAUSTION IS A COMMON OCCURRANCE DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS, AVERAGING 1 EMERGENCY AIR RESCUE PER WEEK! Each person needs to bring at least 64 oz of water and it is imperative to NOT hike back from the springs between 11am to 3pm because it is the heat of the day with very little shade on the trail and it is all uphill the way back. Do not hike in flip flops or sandals. The trail is steep and slippery.
Beautiful Private Hot Spring Pool Available
Rent our hot spring pool site for up to 40 people, secluded & private for your special event!
LARGE PRIVATE AREAS AVAILABLE for PRIVATE EVENTS of up to 300 people. Music/entertainment allowed. CALL or TEXT 1-760-628-9870 or 760-515-7525 or 760-669-7282 for INFO.
furnished gLAMPING TENTS available!
Our partner Outdoor Rentals will have your campsite ready with a fully furnished tent right here at the DCHS Campground!
Stay on the closest private property to the deep creek hot springs... the easy way! Click the Hipcamp reservation link below.
Pictures of the Campground and Local Area
DCHS Campground is the perfect place to view the night sky... natural, serene & far from the city lights!
The planets Venus, Mars, Jupiter, & Saturn can be seen with the naked eye all year.
The comet C/2017 K2 ( PanSTARRS ) may be visible with binoculars or a small telescope during June.
Lunar Eclipse November 8, 2022:
2022 METEOR SHOWERS:
South Delta Aquariids: July 21 – August 23 (Peak Night: July 27/28)
Perseids: July 17 – August 24 (Peak Night: August 12/13)
Orionids: October 2 – November 7 (Peak Night: October 20/21)
Leonids: November 6 – 30 (Peak Night: November 16/17, 17/18)
Geminids: December 4 – 17 (peak Night: December 13/14)
MAP & DRIVING DIRECTIONS
Deep Creek Hot Springs Campground @ the original Bowen Ranch Parking Area, 5900 Bowen Ranch Rd., Apple Valley, CA 92308
*CELL RECEPTION & NAVIGATION IS LOST ON BOWEN RANCH RD, SO IT IS RECOMMENDED TO DOWNLOAD THE DIRECTIONS, MAP & PICTURES POSTED BELOW.
Directions From I-15 North, Main St exit in Hesperia:
1) Drive East on Main st. approximately 7 miles.
2) Turn left onto Rock Springs Rd. & drive 3 miles until it turns into Roundup Way at a 4-way stop.
3) Continue driving East on Roundup Way for about 2 miles. Turn left onto Central Rd., drive North 1/2 mile.
4) Turn right onto Ocotillo Way, head East for 3 miles.
5) Turn right onto Bowen Ranch rd.(a dirt road), drive 6.2 miles to the campground entrance.
*Keep right at any splits on Bowen Ranch rd. SEE PICTURES BELOW for the last stretch of driving on Bowen Ranch rd
*Do NOT pay at the shack entrance! The Bowen Ranch trailhead & camping area has a new entrance just past the 3-way split at the shack(keep right). The Bowen Ranch NO LONGER shares an entrance with the shack , and a new fence blocks all access to the Bowen Ranch property & trailhead.
Directions from I-15 North to 138 East: (use this route to avoid traffic in Cajon Pass)
1) Take 138 towards Silverwood Lake
2) Take 173 to Lake Arrowhead Rd. (left turn)
3) Follow Lake Arrowhead Rd. to Rock Springs Rd.
4) Turn right onto Rock Springs rd.& drive 3 miles until it turns into Roundup Way at a 4-way stop.
5)Continue driving East on Roundup Way for about 2 miles, then turn left onto Central rd.
6) Take Central for 1/2 mile, turn right onto Ocotillo Way, drive East 3 miles until you reach Bowen Ranch Rd.
Turn right onto Bowen Ranch rd and follow for 6.2 miles
* IMPORTANT!!! If you pull up to an old shack cabin you are at the WRONG place. The "original" entrance with the old shack cabin is NOT associated with us & has NO ACCESS to the Bowen Ranch property, the hot springs trailhead, or the campground, so be clear on directions when meeting up with friends as to where you will be so you are not separated by a fence 1/2 mile away.
CALL or TEXT 760-515-7525 or 760-628-9870 or 760-669-7282 for MORE INFO
pictures of LANDMARKS AS YOU DRIVE THE LAST 6 MILES ON BOWEN RANCH RD.
*There is NO CELL RECEPTION or NAVIGATION on Bowen Ranch Road until you reach our property, so take note of these directions & pictures for your drive up.